May 13, 2014

Helping a fellow sailor in need

Friends, below from John Yorkilous... if you can help, please contact him directly.

Hello all St. Michaels sailors. 

Our dear friend and crew member on many of our boats, Mary Yancey, is in need of our help.  Mary was recently diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma.  Mary, as many of you know, has been active in sailing in this area for many years. She is a nurse and if you recall was a first responder during Si Boetner’s incident.
Mary in undergoing Chemotherapy for the next 12 weeks.  I spoke to her today and told me she was in need of a reclining chair.  I am going to check out Salvation Army and Restore in Easton and Cambridge, as well as some of the consignment stores...  If any one of you has a recliner that you can LEND Mary (she only needs one for 8-12 weeks) please let me know.

One great thing about this area is that we all come together in times of need

If anyone can help let me know.

Coordinate through me
John Yorkilous
410-819-7878